Facilities Usage Regulations
/Effective as of 17 Oct. 2011/
With the school’s growth comes greater pressure on the school facilities. This is by and large great news because it means our community is active, energetic and full of life... The challenge is managing the high level of facilities use to ensure we have a safe, secure and well-maintained facility for students as well as community users. In light of this the school has been reviewing how its facilities are used, including “after hours” use. Below are the AAS regulations for facilities use that will be active as of Monday, October 17, 2011. The developed regulations for facilities take into consideration the following,
- AAS facilities are used widely on the weekend – which is a good thing.
- By collecting formalized records of “after hours” the school can better plan for maintenance and safety needs that results from increased facility use as well as better plan for regular group use.
- In the event of an emergency it is important the school know who is on campus.
- The vast majority of groups and individuals coming to the school on the weekend / after hours treat the facilities very well and are appreciative to any support staff on campus, the school unfortunately at times has experienced poor treatment of the facilities and support staff.
- Once the construction project (Phase III) is completed it is anticipated we will have more community members and probably greater community use or inquiry into facilities use. One way AAS can be out in front of this is by having transparent regulations of facilities use.
- To complement the above background; a school review team, representatives from our school’s founding embassies and PTO reviewed the regulations to help ensure our regulations are clear, fair and manageable.
- Individuals and groups must sign in at the security gate.
- Safe, clean and proper use of facilities and equipment is expected.
- Use of campus facilities by groups must be approved in advance by AAS. Use of AAS facilities by non-AAS community members must be approved in ad-vance by AAS.
- Students under 12 years if age on campus outside school hours must have adult supervision.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not permitted on campus. In rare in-stances, for special events, alcohol may be on campus if prior consent has been confirmed by the Director of AAS.
- Use of the facility after school hours is at your own risk and may not interfere with school programming or events. The school is not responsible for personal property or injury.
The school trusts the AAS community in cooperation and understanding of the above items. Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you have any questions.