Our school mission states that we engage, support and prepare each student for today and tomorrow.
In support of our mission, our K-12 science program is guided by our belief that science is best learned in a theoretical, hands-on approach infused with student questions, exploration and guided inquiry.
The ultimate goal of our program is to develop scientific thinking and understanding while nurturing a lifelong curiosity and awe for our world.
Our science and social studies programs encourage students to inquire about the world around them while developing critical thinking, observation, and communication skills.
The Next Generation Science Standards serve as the guide for the science curriculum, and the AERO standards ground the social studies curriculum.
Embedded Science and Engineering Practices
Introduced at the beginning of the year and built upon continuously, these eight Mathematical Practices are the foundation for all math learning.
- Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering);
- Developing and using models;
- Planning and carrying out investigations;
- Analyzing and interpreting data;
- Using mathematics and computational thinking;
- Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering);
- Engaging in argument from evidence;
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information.