HS Social Studies
Grade 9 & 10 Social Studies
The K-10 Social Studies program at AAS is informed by the AERO Social Studies Curriculum Framework and the Common Core Standards.
The program is designed to help students understand and make sense of their place in the world. Students study a variety of concepts including:
- Time, continuity and change;
- Connections and conflict;
- Geography, culture, society and identity;
- Production, distribution, and consumption.;
- Science, technology and society.
- Analysis – Reading: Ability to determine what a given text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text
- Craft and Structure: Students employ a wide range of strategies as they write and use different writing process elements appropriately to communicate with different audiences for a variety of purposes.
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas: Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
- Key Ideas and Details – Writing: Uses evidence from a variety of texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
Grades 11 & 12 Individuals & Societies
IB Individuals and Societies Courses offered are: Business Management (SL, HL), Environmental Systems & Societies, Geography (SL, HL), History (SL< HL), and Psychology.