Grade 3 Teacher
The Anglo-American School of Sofia (AAS) is an established private international school with over 50 years of history.
The School is fully accredited by: The Council of International Schools (CIS) and The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). We are an authorized International Baccalaureate Organization (IB) World School. The Anglo-American School of Sofia is a member of good standing with The Central Eastern European Schools Association (CEESA), The Council of British International Schools (COBIS).
We are looking for a qualified educator for the position of
GRADE 3 TEACHER
An ES Teacher at AAS should:
- Hold a Master’s degree;
- Have minimum of 2 years of international teaching experience
- Teachers must be fully credentialed or certified for their respective assignments with two or more years of successful teaching experience;
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the subject and related areas;
- Possess operational knowledge of the Internet and related technologies;
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills;
- Be able to work independently with little direct supervision;
- Be able to work as a part of a team;
- Accept responsibility and is self–motivated;
- Demonstrate strong work ethic to achieve academic goals;
- Display effective multi – tasking and time management skills.
The services provided by the Teacher shall include, but are not limited to the following :
1. Provide instruction in assigned classes in accordance with the terms of the Contract and with the administrative practices established by the Director.
2. Make recommendations to the Director regarding the improvement of instruction.
3. Be in attendance at school on regular school days during the hours established by the Director.
4. Attend any and all meetings with other staff members, students and/or parents as required by the Director with respect to his/her teaching contract.
5. Perform other professional duties as defined and required by the Director with respect to his/her capacity of International Faculty.
6. Comply with and support all Board policies as currently detailed in the “School Board Policy Manual”.
7. Be strong role models and promote a positive and professional image for the school in the greater community.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences;
- Develop scheme of work and lesson plans;
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all activities;
- Prepare classroom for class activities;
- Provides a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities;
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs;
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment;
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development;
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments;
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students;
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development;
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely required school regulations;
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures;
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school;
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as sporting activities, clubs and student organisations;
- Participate in department school and parent meetings;
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs;
The Teacher working hours are between 8:00AM to 4:00PM on normal school days and 8:00AM to 4:30PM on Wednesday as per the AAS Calendar.
Application will be accepted by May 31, 2023 through Search Associates’ platform.
Starting date: August 1, 2023
Thank you for your interest in our school!
Applying to AAS
Learning at AAS