Substitute Teacher (Multiple Openings)
05The Anglo-American School of Sofia (AAS) is a private international school with 50 years of history.
The School is fully accredited by: The Council of International Schools (CIS) and The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). We are an authorized International Baccalaureate Organization (IB) World School. The Anglo-American School of Sofia is a member of good standing with The Central Eastern European Schools Association (CEESA) and The European Council of International Schools (ECIS).
Our mission and core values of commitment, respect and excellence extend to all members of our community, not just students and staff. Serving with us extends beyond enjoying desirable working conditions, but satisfies ambitions for professional growth and provides the benefits of being part of a quality team as we engage, support and prepare each student for today and tomorrow.
We are currently looking for:
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERThe substitute teachers are employed on civil contracts. They are available on-call for substituting an absent staff member. They are paid per hour/per day for the duration of the substitution – usually from half a day up to several days.
The position is ideal for freelancers and people who manage their time independently.
DESIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Good communicator
- Flexible, Adaptable and Open-Minded
- Well organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with students and staff
- Willingness and readiness to work with children aged 5-18 (candidates can share their preferences to help determine appropriate placement).
- Positive, cooperative attitude
- University degree;
- Very good subject knowledge;
- Excellent English – writing, speaking and reading;
- Ability to work within a team environment;
- Commitment to a positive school culture and student involvement;
- Positivity & proactive classroom management skills.
- Performs instructional and classroom management responsibilities for teachers absent for a period, a day or longer periods of time;
- Adheres to lesson plans and instructions left by the absent classroom teacher. The degree to which a substitute will need to introduce/understand course material varies by subject, but in short term circumstances, primary responsibility is the facilitation of learning experiences created by regular teachers;
- Provides instructional reinforcement to individual students and groups of students;
- Effectively manages the classroom by minimising distractions and creating a positive learning environment;
- Takes attendance, maintains classroom cleanliness and creates a report for the regular teacher;
- Oversees student behaviour outside the classroom (including break and lunch supervision);
- Supervises students inside and outside the classroom;
- Communicates in a friendly, appropriate manner with all members of the community;
- Follows all of our child safeguarding procedures;
- Demonstrates interest in a range of subject areas and age groups.
WHAT WE OFFER:
REMUNERATION, SOCIAL BENEFITS AND BONUSES:
- Fixed hourly rate
- Civil contract
- Opportunities for professional growth within and outside AAS
- Free lunch at the School’s cafeteria
The applications will be accepted by May 8th, 2023 via jobs.bg. Only Applications/CVs in English language will be considered.
If you are not contacted by our HR department by then it means that we are not pursuing your candidacy.
Thank you for your interest in our school!