05The Anglo-American School of Sofia (AAS) is a private international school with 50 years of history.
The School is fully accredited by: The Council of International Schools (CIS) and The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). We are an authorized International Baccalaureate Organization (IB) World School. The Anglo-American School of Sofia is a member of good standing with The Central Eastern European Schools Association (CEESA) and The European Council of International Schools (ECIS).
Our mission and core values of commitment, respect and excellence extend to all members of our community, not just students and staff. Serving with us extends beyond enjoying desirable working conditions, but satisfies ambitions for professional growth and provides the benefits of being part of a quality team as we engage, support and prepare each student for today and tomorrow.
As a result of the school expansion, we are looking for:
DESIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Good communicator
- Flexible, Adaptable and Open-Minded
- Well organised
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with students and staff
- Willingness and readiness to work with children aged 6-12
- Positive, cooperative attitude
- University degree in the field of Education or related;
- Fluency in both English and Bulgarian – writing, speaking and reading;
- Able to work within a team environment;
- Commitment to a positive school culture and student involvement;
- Demonstrate an understanding of positive/proactive classroom management skills.
- Provides instructional, non-instructional, clerical, and supervisory support for the classroom teacher.
- Instructionally, the teaching assistant (TA) supports and assists children in learning using the teacher’s lesson plans and direction. He/she works with students individually, in small groups, and in large groups/whole class. TA listens while students read, reviews and reinforces class lessons, and helps them find information for reports.
- The teaching assistant supervises students throughout the school, including in the classroom, cafeteria, schoolyard, hallways, and on field trips.
- The TA is responsible for setting up classroom equipment/helping the teacher to set it up, helps preparing materials for instruction, checking homework, keeps attendance records. He/she does typing, filling, photocoping materials as needed.
- The Teaching Assistant serves as bus monitors for the transportation system at AAS. He/she rides buses with students to/from school on a daily basis and supervises the children during the bus ride. As bus monitors, the TA is responsible for the health and safety of all students in the buses. TA uses the bus rules as a guide for working with children in this environment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
REMUNERATION, SOCIAL BENEFITS AND BONUSES:
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Meal allowance
- Additional Health insurance
- Multisport card
Starting date: August 10th, 2023.
The applications will be accepted by June 5th, 2023 via jobs.bg.
If you are not contacted by our HR department by June 9th, 2023 it means that we are not pursuing your candidacy.
Thank you for your interest in our school!